Discover the Best Windsurfing Spots in Greece
Greece is a country that boasts a rich history and stunning natural beauty, and waters are no exception. With clear blue waters, strong winds, and an abundance of scenic coastlines, Greece is a top destination for windsurfers. In this article, we will take a closer look at the best windsurfing spots in Greece.
Is windsurfing popular in Greece?
Yes, windsurfing is popular in Greece. The country is known for its clear blue waters, strong winds, and scenic coastlines, which make it an ideal destination for windsurfers. Greece offers a variety of windsurfing spots, ranging from sheltered bays for beginners to challenging areas for advanced windsurfers. The popularity of windsurfing in Greece is further supported by the presence of windsurfing schools and rental facilities, making it easy for visitors to enjoy the sport during their stay.
Best Windsurfing Spots in Greece
Lefkada, Mylopotas Beach, Pelagos Beach and Kalamitsi Beach are popular windsurfing destinations in Greece. Each of these spots offers unique conditions for windsurfers, from beginners to advanced.
Lefkada is particularly popular with windsurfers as it offers strong and stable winds and beautiful flat waters, making it an ideal destination for beginners and intermediate windsurfers. Divers have access to equipment rentals and training, as well as a number of places to practice the sport, including beaches and coves.
- Vassiliki is a popular windsurfing destination located on the island of Lefkada. Known for its steady meltemi winds and sheltered bay, it is an ideal spot for both beginner and advanced windsurfers.
- The bay is also surrounded by scenic hills, making it a picturesque place to windsurf.
Mylopotas Beach, Ios
Mylopotas Beach on the island of Ios is known for its strong and stable winds, which create excellent windsurfing conditions. This beach is popular with advanced windsurfers who want to challenge themselves on the water.
- Mylopotas Beach is a popular windsurfing spot located on the island of Ios. With its consistent winds and shallow waters, it is a great place for beginners to learn the sport.
- The beach is also surrounded by a vibrant nightlife, making it a great place to windsurf during the day and party at night.
Pelagos Beach, Karpathos
Pelagos Beach on the island of Skiatos is also popular with windsurfers as it offers excellent conditions for the sport, including stable winds and clear, shallow waters. It is an ideal place for beginner windsurfers who want to learn the basics of the sport.
- Pelagos Beach is a serene windsurfing spot located on the island of Karpathos. With its clear waters and strong winds, it is a great place for advanced windsurfers to challenge themselves.
- The beach is surrounded by lush greenery and scenic hills, making it a peaceful place to windsurf.
Kalamitsi Beach, Sithonia
Kalamitsi Beach on the island of Sithonia is known for its beautiful, flat waters and strong, stable winds, which create excellent conditions for windsurfing. It is a popular destination for advanced windsurfers who want to challenge themselves on the water.
- Kalamitsi Beach is a popular windsurfing spot located on the Sithonia peninsula. With its sheltered bay and consistent winds, it is an ideal spot for both beginner and advanced windsurfers.
- The beach is also surrounded by scenic hills and crystal-clear waters, making it a picturesque place to windsurf.
In conclusion, Greece is a top destination for windsurfers, with its clear blue waters, strong winds, and scenic coastlines. Whether you’re a beginner or an advanced windsurfer, you’re sure to find a spot that suits your needs in this beautiful country.
Overall, windsurfing at Lefkada, Mylopotas Beach, Pelagos Beach and Kalamitsi Beach is a great way to experience great water adventures in Greece and to challenge yourself physically.