- What are the prices in Seychelles?
- What is the currency in Seychelles?
- Is Seychelles expensive?
- Is it cheap in Seychelles?
- Prices for basic products
- Prices in restaurants
Prices in restaurants – shops, bars, beer, vodka, restaurants
Whoever has been to the Seychelles at least once, will surely want to come back to these paradise regions again. The archipelago of the Seychelles islands is truly extraordinary and will delight both nature and water sports lovers. Regardless of the purpose of our trip to the Seychelles, before leaving, you should get to know the current situation there, as well as the prices. This is extremely important when planning a holiday budget.
Prices in Seychelles
The currency in Seychelles is the Seychelles Rupee – SCR.
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant 11.75 € 7.42-52.14
- Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course 67.56 € 52.15-113.80
- McMeal at McDonalds (or Equivalent Combo Meal) 6.14 € 4.64-8.00
- Domestic Beer (0.5 liter draught) 5.03 € 3.02-9.10
- Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle) 4.52 € 2.61-7.27
- Cappuccino (regular) 3.58 € 1.50-5.69
- Coke/Pepsi (0.33 liter bottle) 2.62 € 1.51-4.55
- Water (0.33 liter bottle) 1.51 € 1.00-3.07
- Milk (regular), (1 liter) 1.59 € 1.17-3.07
- Loaf of Fresh White Bread (500g) 1.12 € 0.49-3.07
- Rice (white), (1kg) 2.34 € 0.62-6.53
- Eggs (regular) (12) 2.47 € 1.13-3.17
- Local Cheese (1kg) 27.94 € 9.05-61.44
- Chicken Fillets (1kg) 5.14 € 2.36-8.45
- Beef Round (1kg) (or Equivalent Back Leg Red Meat) 7.84 € 5.31-16.45
- Apples (1kg) 1.49 € 0.78-4.61
- Banana (1kg) 2.36 € 1.17-3.07
- Oranges (1kg) 1.33 € 0.58-2.34
- Tomato (1kg) 4.22 € 1.54-4.64
- Potato (1kg) 1.33 € 0.53-1.84
- Onion (1kg) 1.34 € 0.59-2.46
- Lettuce (1 head) 1.11 € 0.41-2.41
- Water (1.5 liter bottle) 0.97 € 0.58-2.31
- Bottle of Wine (Mid-Range) 8.55 € 6.58-30.16
- Domestic Beer (0.5 liter bottle) 2.33 € 0.99-3.29
- Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle) 2.66 € 1.36-4.56
- Cigarettes 20 Pack (Marlboro) 9.55 € 9.53-12.11
- One-way Ticket (Local Transport) 0.42 € 0.41-0.44
- Monthly Pass (Regular Price) ?
- Taxi Start (Normal Tariff) 3.26 € 3.26-15.77
- Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff) 2.84 € 1.82-3.26
- Taxi 1hour Waiting (Normal Tariff) 18.24 € 16.31-27.65
- Gasoline (1 liter) 1.18 € 1.05-1.30
- Volkswagen Golf 1.4 90 KW Trendline (Or Equivalent New Car) 19,119.96 € 18,556.98-26,101.22
- Toyota Corolla Sedan 1.6l 97kW Comfort (Or Equivalent New Car) 26,610.22 € 24,225.17-33,435.70
- Basic (Electricity, Heating, Cooling, Water, Garbage) for 85m2 Apartment 59.54 € 31.48-97.81
- 1 min. of Prepaid Mobile Tariff Local (No Discounts or Plans) 0.15 € 0.12-0.32
- Internet (60 Mbps or More, Unlimited Data, Cable/ADSL) 106.18 € 62.56-488.89
- Sports And Leisure Edit
- Fitness Club, Monthly Fee for 1 Adult 47.71 € 42.39-55.09
- Tennis Court Rent (1 Hour on Weekend) ?
- Cinema, International Release, 1 Seat 4.54 € 4.35-9.84
- Preschool (or Kindergarten), Full Day, Private, Monthly for 1 Child 162.37 € 162.37-640.38
- International Primary School, Yearly for 1 Child 2,377.36 € 2,150.55-6,308.32
Clothing And Shoes
- 1 Pair of Jeans (Levis 501 Or Similar) 47.85 € 26.07-90.65
- 1 Summer Dress in a Chain Store (Zara, H&M, …) 49.37 € 15.77-119.20
- 1 Pair of Nike Running Shoes (Mid-Range) 66.14 € 48.63-157.71
- 1 Pair of Men Leather Business Shoes 33.31 € 30.28-94.76
Rent Per Month
- Apartment (1 bedroom) in City Centre 835.02 € 726.75-908.44
- Apartment (1 bedroom) Outside of Centre 734.96 € 695.89-782.23
- Apartment (3 bedrooms) in City Centre 1,512.82 € 1,449.76-1,574.64
- Apartment (3 bedrooms) Outside of Centre 1,351.32 € 1,211.26-1,449.76
Buy Apartment Price
- Price per Square Meter to Buy Apartment in City Centre ?
- Price per Square Meter to Buy Apartment Outside of Centre ?
- Salaries And Financing Edit
Average Monthly Net Salary (After Tax) 511.70 €
- Mortgage Interest Rate in Percentages (%), Yearly, for 20 Years Fixed-Rate 16.00 6.50-23.00
Prices in Mahe
This city had 26 different contributors in the past 18 months.
Some data are estimated due to a low number of contributors. If you are living here, please update our data.
Last update: January 2022 (taken from Numbeo)
Of course, this is the current rate , but it is always worth checking before leaving. Prices, as in all tourist-oriented places, are high, especially in hotels and larger towns. In the Seychelles, this means that the island of Mahe is the most expensive, where the capital of the country is located and where most of its inhabitants live.
Remember that almost all goods, including food, are imported from other countries, so no one should be surprised by the high prices in stores. Below are some basic items with prices, prices are given in euros.
The currency in Seychelles is the rupee, and it is equivalent to 29 pounds, 26 euros, and 21 dollars. Most items must be imported to the country. You should pack toiletries, sunscreen, and mosquito repellent before arriving. The peak seasons for tourism are December to January, and June to August. The rainy season runs from January to February, but it is warm enough to spend most of the time outside. You will also enjoy short downpours.
Cost of accommodation in Seychelles
While the prices are quite high, they are still affordable. Compared to Thailand or Bali, a one-bedroom apartment will cost approximately 100 euros per night. Most hotels offer free breakfast, but if you want a meal out, you’ll have to pay around $20-80 USD for a one-course meal. If you’re visiting the island’s capital Mahe, however, you can get cheap meals in the town of Praslin.
Building up the island’s beautiful beaches, affluent neighbourhoods, and excellent restaurants are just a few of the attractions for travellers. The prices in these islands vary widely, but they’re generally quite affordable. If you’re travelling as a group, you can get accommodation on Airbnb for as little as 80 to 100 dollars per night. You’ll need to make sure that the rental is exclusive to you and has all the amenities you need.
If you’re on a budget, you’ll need to take into consideration the local currency. The Seychelles rupee is the official currency, but you can buy it before you arrive. However, if you’re planning a vacation for two, the prices will be considerably higher than for one person. The country’s economy is very volatile, and if you’re planning to use the currency in your way, you’ll be fine.
Is Seychelles Expensive?
The food in Seychelles is expensive, but it’s still affordable. The basic main course in the most tourist-friendly restaurants costs around 300 rupees, and a three-course meal with drinks can be around PS50/$70. You can find cheaper meals at the Wednesday market in Beau Vallon. These locals are not stingy, and you can find inexpensive dishes at the food trucks.
The prices of food, drinks, and transportation are expensive, but the average price for the Seychelles islands is still affordable. Some of the most expensive hotels and restaurants are located on the north and east coasts, while others are more rural. Some of the more remote islands are very unpopulated. The island’s people are very friendly, and you’ll feel at home as soon as you arrive. You can also choose to live on Mahe, which is the largest and most populated of Seychelles’ islands.
The cost of living in Seychelles.
The cost of living in Seychelles varies. The average price of a double room in a luxury resort starts at 300 USD. A four-star hotel is usually around 250 USD. A budget-friendly option is a self-catering apartment or a bungalow in a resort. It should have a comfortable room and kitchen facilities. This is a great option for those on a budget.
Land in Seychelles is expensive. A typical square meter costs $56. If you’re buying a property, you need to secure approval from the Ministry of Land Use and Habitat. In addition, you must pay a fee equivalent to 51,000 dollars in the U.S., called Government Sanction. This is the equivalent of $51,000. The good news is that you won’t have to worry about these costs if you purchase your property in Seychelles.