Crete has hundreds of family-friendly resorts. If you’re travelling with little ones, consider booking a family-friendly hotel in Hersonissos or Chania. These hotels offer plenty of amenities, including playgrounds, swimming pools, and clubs just for kids. You can also enjoy recreational activities and sports. All-inclusive vacation packages at these properties include a trip to Processco. Families can relax by the pool or enjoy a game of mini-golf.
1.Domes Zeen: This stylish family resort offers family rooms and villas with private pools. Its facilities include a swimming pool, a children’s adventure playground, and a kids club. There’s also a buffet restaurant with a bar and a beachfront restaurant. If your kids aren’t old enough to play on the beach, check out one of the local kid-friendly resorts.
2. Gouves Waterpark Holiday Resort: This resort is great for kids. The waterpark has its own water park, and it is located just a short walk from the beach. A promenade runs alongside the beach, making it easy to push a stroller to the beach. Gouves Waterpark Holiday is a great choice for families with children, and its family rooms and suites are equipped with separate sleeping areas for toddlers.
3. Kalyves Village: This family hotel is located on the outskirts of Kalyves village and overlooks a sandy beach. It offers an excellent entertainment program and has a kids pool. It has a kid’s club and a playground. Parents can enjoy the quiet atmosphere and ambience of this family-friendly resort. If you’re looking for a fun and relaxing holiday for the whole family, this is a perfect choice.
4. The Arminda Resort: This family-friendly hotel is located in the Hersonissos region, but it is also close to Chania’s old town. Porto Platanias Beach Resort & Spa: The Iberostar Creta Panorama and Mare is a beachfront resort that has an indoor soft play area and an Olympic-sized pool. This hotel also has a variety of activities for families to choose from.
5. Amirandes Hotel: This family-friendly hotel is located on the island’s southern coast. It has a swimming pool, paddling pool, and endless lawns and gardens. The hotel is designed for kids, but the staff is very child-friendly. There is also a child-friendly restaurant and even a kid-friendly children’s club. A number of these hotels are child-friendly.
6. LUX ME Megaron Historical Monument Hotel: This 5* hotel is located in Heraklion, Crete. This resort is a designated historic monument and has 58 rooms. It offers on-site bars and cafes. You can also find a creche for babies up to four months. Most of these resorts are designed for families, but there are many more options for you and your children.
7. Elounda Mare Relais & Chateaux Hotel: This hotel is in the centre of Rethymno city, so it is easily accessible for families. The Elounda Mare Relais ‘& Chateaux Hotel is an excellent choice for families with young children. The Elounda hotel offers a playroom for children. Guests can also enjoy a private heated swimming pool.
8. Candia Park Village: This family-friendly hotel is situated in a picturesque Cretan village. This hotel features a kids’ club for children aged four to twelve. It is also an eco-friendly hotel on the island. Other great Crete family hotels feature multiple swimming pools, tennis courts, and eco-friendly philosophy. You’ll find some excellent restaurants and facilities at Candia Park Village.
9. Olive Tree Hotel: Located in Ierapetra, this boutique hotel has a private beach and colourful flowers. It is one of the best hotels for families in Crete. The resort offers a range of activities and a kids’ club. This all-inclusive family hotel features a large outdoor playground and a separate kids pool. There is also a playroom and thematic dinner nights.